Google

Custom Search

About Me

My photo
He's not really a producer. He just happens to have the skill to form a beat that matches the tempo his heart is pacing at that moment. He's not really a writer. He just goes through life allowing the pen to speak to his paper about what his mind would normally dictate to his lips. Syn Cere! Syn Cant Enter Redemptions Eternity Syn cant enter heaven basically. And the Sin that many are guilty of, is not using the talent they are blessed with and allowing their circumstance or envrionment to be an excuse for holding back talent. Instead he chooses to allow his circumstances to become his punchline.

WSYN FM


Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Fantasy is what people want, but reality is what people need"




Am i the only one who misses Lauryn Hill. I feel like music kinda died down when she finished recording beautiful music. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill is by far in my book one of the top three R&B Female albums in my time. You can throw Floetry's first album in there and the other slot can go to either Mary J Blige's "411", Sade's "Lovers Rock", Mary J Blige's "Share My World", or Alicia Keys "Songs in A Minor"

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was one of the most profound works of art to date, and since then I yearn for some L Boogie. (the unplugged album doesnt count) . So here are a few of my favorite Lauryn Hill lines. CELEBRATION!

Sold your soul for some secular Muzak that's wack, Plus you use that loop over and over Claiming that you got a new style Your attempts are futile, Ooo chile Your puerile, Brain waves are sterile You can't create, you just wait to take "how many mics"

He tried to burn me like a perm Though my eyes saw the deception, My heart wouldn't let me learn From um, some, dumb woman, was I, And everytime he'd lie, he would cry and inside I'd die. My heart must have died a thousand deaths Compared myself to Toni Braxton thought I'd never catch my breath "mista mista"

And even after all my logic and my theory, I add a mutha f%% er so you ignint niggas hear me. "zealots"

Why every Indian wanna be the chief? Feed a man 'til he's full and he still want beef. Give me grief, try to tief off my piece. Why for you to increase, I must decrease? "forgive them father"


Till This Day "Ex Factor" is my ish





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

dejanae said...

definitely not man
ima need for her to get it together
xfactor is definitely among my faves

Syn Sixteens said...

Still get chills when i hear it

Melissa Su-Neeta Elké said...

UHHH GET OUT OF MY HEAD. LAURYN IS *MY* CHIC. I LOVE AND MISS HER MUSIC DEARLY.

Trina said...

Lauryn Hill is and 4evr will b the one to beat - people forget how she was multi-facted...singer, writer, actress, fashionista/model and Grammy-award winning hip-hop artist!! I hope the best for her future endeavors, I miss her too -