Google

Custom Search

About Me

My photo
He's not really a producer. He just happens to have the skill to form a beat that matches the tempo his heart is pacing at that moment. He's not really a writer. He just goes through life allowing the pen to speak to his paper about what his mind would normally dictate to his lips. Syn Cere! Syn Cant Enter Redemptions Eternity Syn cant enter heaven basically. And the Sin that many are guilty of, is not using the talent they are blessed with and allowing their circumstance or envrionment to be an excuse for holding back talent. Instead he chooses to allow his circumstances to become his punchline.

WSYN FM


Monday, August 4, 2008

Nas, Jay-Z, & my thoughts


First off.... am I the only one that noticed that Nas (Queens stand up) mostly rocks the Ny Mets fitted while Hov (BABAY!, (in my biggie voice)) rocks the Ny Yankee fitted. Just an observation.

First off shouts to Mel, my fellow stan. Shes the one that forced the kid to get up on his blog ish. So blame her for me runnin this shyt.
To be honest at first I was mad at Nas for uniting with Jay. I mean the greatest battle in Hip Hop in my era has to be the Nas and Jay battle. Big and Pac wasnt much of a battle on wax as it was a coastal beef. The hell with what people say, the media didnt hype the east coast/west coast beef, we did. That was just the power Big and Pac had. Two men were powerful enough to make one coast beef with another. Dont believe me check out The 95 Source awards, listen to Mobb Deeps drop a gem on em, A various amount of Tupac songs, Dog Pounds Ny Ny and CNN's LA LA. But Nas and Jay, damn man I remember when I first heard "ask Nas he dont want it wit Hov" CRAZY! Then when i heard the full version of Takeover, I was like damnnnnnnnn Jay went in. At this time all my fellow 456 heads and fellow Classmates at LIU took liberty to come at me feeling as if Jay killed God Son. Then Nas dropped the Stillmatic Freestyle. Jabbed Jay and the whole Roc a lil bit. Jay would throw lil punches that was until Ether. I dont have to go into details but even at Hot 97 fm the fans ruled that Nas won the battle by 62%.
Fast forward to Jay Z's "I Declare War" concert. During "Dead Presidents" Jay brings out Nas. I felt proud for the unity those two men showed, and just for NY rap in general. But when I heard the news that Nas signed to Def Jam while Jay was the president, I felt a lil uneasy. I mean damn Nas, this dude said he left condoms on your babys carseat. I didnt understand it. I felt like in the end Nas took an "L" How could Nas sign under someone who let the world know he blazed ya baby moms.
As I start to see more of Nas and Jay perform together, and I hear the songs they do together. That and the shout outs they give eachother on songs, I get this feeling inside of me that makes me feel like NY runs this. I salute them. More than ever I can have a greater appreciation for Nas, his humility as a man and what he and Jay did for Hip Hop. What they are trying to do for East Coast hip hop. The two best Mcs in the game had the greatest most lyrical battle to be seen in Rap minus the violence. And the ended that shyt like grown men. Now that Jay Z is no longer Prez of Def Jam, and Nas has the machine on his back for now, Ny can be proud of what is to come. Finally I get it!














1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

THx for stopping by Jonesin' and thx for posting the vids... I could have went but was hella tired after being in the sun all day in central park for the Janelle Monae show.